We are pleased to announce a new release of Trimble Positions Desktop: Trimble Positions Desktop add-in 10.7.1.1. This release provides support for a TerraFlex workflow with offline data transfer and post-processing when using TerraFlex v4.4 on Android or Windows and also adds support for ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 and 10.7.1. It also includes numerous bug fixes and improvements which are detailed in the release notes. Highlights include:
- Support for ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 and 10.7.1. The installer now properly supports ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 and 10.7.1.
- Support for TerraFlex with Offline Data Transfer and Post-processing workflows. The add-in now supports an offline workflow for TerraFlex whereby projects can be created through the add-in and data can be checked-out for manual file transfer to TerraFlex. Returning data can be checked in and post-processed with QA/QC for supported receiver configurations (R1/R2 with Windows and Android, TDC150, EM100). Local field configurations can also be included in a project. Refer to a new Getting Started guide on Trimble Community while we work on updating and moving Trimble Positions documentation to its new home on the Trimble Geospatial Help Portal.
- Easier configuration for common metadata and auto-fill fields. Improvements have been made to the Layer Settings page of the project wizard to make metadata field configuration easier. You now have the option to ‘add all (common)’ fields in a single click.
- Accuracy reporting setting now visible everywhere accuracies are reported. In the dockable window, feature and position accuracies have always been reported in the configured accuracy reporting setting (“68% RMS” or “95% 2DRMS”). This is now labeled in the table column headers and is also made available as transferrable metadata.
- Improved real-time correction datum configuration. Previously, the field configuration wizard always used an Esri coordinate system selection tool for setting the coordinate system of the real-time correction source. This made sense for Esri field workflows but did not make sense for Trimble field workflows that utilize the Trimble Coordinate System Database (CSD). Field configurations created as part of the project wizard for TerraFlex Offline and TerraFlex on Connect workflows will now use a Trimble coordinate system selection user experience.
Additional information, including an enumeration of bug fixes and what field workflows they apply to, is available in the release notes:
Note: If you have issues upgrading the Trimble Positions Desktop add-in and the old version still appears, it may be worth manually cleaning the entry in ArcMap’s AssemblyCache after uninstalling the old version and before installing the new version. It’s generally in the following location (AssemblyCache is a hidden folder):
A note from the team…this may be one of the last posts here on the standalone Trimble Positions blog. We intend to make better use of Trimble Community and will expand the Mapping and GIS content that is there. All of the posts here that are still relevant will likely move to a new location at some point and we will be sure to keep you updated on this transition.